Hybrid Over The Air Throughput Measurement Testing (HOTA)
Performance evaluation of WiFi systems has always presented challenges to design validation engineering. There is no one simple test to measure the overall performance of a WLAN device, so many tests are required to establish quantifiable metrics for the overall performance. And the challenges are even greater with the radiated nature of MIMO WiFi radios in multipath environments. But new hybrid testing methods are emerging to simplify your performance evaluations. In this paper we discuss:
– Throughput measurement for the comparison of system performance results
– Physical layer testing for verifying hardware level parameters
– The different types of radiated throughput testing – radiated chamber testing and Over the Air (OTA) testing
– Evaluation of a new Hybrid Over the Air (HOTA) test method that combines the advantages of both radiated throughput tests to dramatically simplify testing
– If you have provided us with information in the past, then a file download link will be displayed.
– We expect our customers and prospects to be affiliated with formal organizations. Please provide your company email address.